You are here
ASSYST is seeking a Proposal Writer with experience in all phases of the proposal process, specifically in the IT professional services, Federal Government sector. Experience writing proposals in the Cleared Sector is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the technical requirements of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), Sources Sought Notices (SSNs), and other client solicitations for software engineering or IT services (federal sector) related type of bids.
- Conceptualize, write, and review compelling documents while maintaining compliance with technical requirements, including past performance documentation, capabilities descriptions, and management and project plans.
- Conceptualize at a high level; review and integrate visually appealing, informative technical graphics and illustrations (such as charts, process flows, and screenshots).
- Interview subject-matter experts to understand the processes, technologies, business needs, and other contextual details of a subject-matter domain and to elicit the appropriate technical information to compose high-quality technical write-ups.
- Evaluate technical sections: text, layout, graphics, etc., for storytelling quality, consistency, coherence, clarity, and compliance with technical requirements and for alignment with solutions and themes.
- Maintain a library of proposals submitted to customers and prospects.
- Maintain the inventory of bid opportunities, bid decisions, and proposal wins and losses.
Minimum Qualifications/ Skills Set:
- B.A. or B.S. Undergraduate Degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing or other related discipline.
- Must have 3+ years of work experience with proposal writer in the IT professional services/federal government sector.
- Knowledge of researching, writing and/or documentation and proficient in MS Word.
- Experienced in advanced features of MS Word with knowledge of other software tools such as MS-Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Strong command of the English language and demonstrated technical writing skills.
- Must be able to complete assignments that have tight deadlines.
- Able to obtain a security clearance if required.
We are proud to offer a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, employee stock ownership plan, disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and more in order for our employees to maintain a secure work/life balance.
ASSYST is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.